Acupuncture for Infertility
As a father of two, Jonathan understands the joys of becoming a parent. At Acupuncture Integration, fertility treatment is offered from the initial stages of trying to conceive through to the delivery of your baby and on to postpartum care.
Chinese medicine is rapidly gaining popularity as treatment for fertility and women's health but is nothing new. Infertility has been successfully addressed by acupuncture and herbalism for thousands of years.
Many modern studies done in Europe, the United States, and China have found that acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas can:
- Regulate the menstrual cycle.
- Regulate the neuro-endocrine system and promote the production of endorphins.
- Promote egg development and induce ovulation.
- Increase ALL semen parameters such as sperm count, motility and morphology, and volume.
- Improve uterine lining quality and thickness by increasing uterine circulation.
- Increase IVF and other Assisted Reproductive Technique (ART) success rates.
- Improve male virility and promote erectile function, ejaculation and libido.
- Balance key fertility hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) levels.
- Increase live-birth rates and reduce birth complications.
Some common conditions that can interfere with fertility and may be treated with traditional Chinese medicine include:
- Irregular Cycles
- Painful Periods
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovarian Cysts
- Amenorrhea (no period)
- Post Birth Control Pill Amenorrhea
- Anovulation (not ovulating)
- High Follicular Stimulating Hormone
- Hormone Imbalances (including PMS)
- Autoimmune Conditions
IVF and IUI Support
In addition to using acupuncture as a primary treatment method, many families are turning to acupuncture as a supplementary method to increase the efficacy of Western ART treatment, such as an IVF, IUI, egg freezing or donor transfers.
At Acupuncture Integration we look forward to supporting you on your journey to parenthood and are honored to help in any way possible.